&Breathe Menopause Retreat
7-13th September 2019
From award-winning family wellbeing company, &Breathe, comes the very first menopause-focused wellbeing retreat, designed specifically to improve the health and fitness of women going through this life change.
Our experts will guide you through the week so you come out the other side feeling stronger, relaxed and confident - ready to take on the beast! Our the &Breathe Menopause retreat focuses on three strands, Fit, Food, Feel, all of which make life a little easier to deal with in their own way.
Plus you'll enjoy the amazing, peaceful house and estate of La Jugie and the rolling hills of Nouvelle Aquitaine, which is a tonic in itself. And we have wine.
Exercise sessions and workouts are tailored to everyone's stage, taking into account menopause experience, childbirth/motherhood stories, long-standing injuries and career demands. We'll strengthen the core, pelvic floor and work on everyday posture and a focus on proper exercise form to ensure you're not doing yourself more damage!
You'll be nourished and energised with delicious, healthy food (which also happens to be pretty easy to re-create at home) to help brightness to your everyday routine and even out those hormonal swings.
Hormones have a lot to answer for and the menopause is a tricky time for most people. As well as physical symptoms (hello hot sweats, night and day), the forgetfulness, mood swings and more cause a mental toll too. We'll give you the chance to bond with fellow guests over your amazing, confusing and irritating shared experiences.
Prices from £1500 per person for a shared twin ensuite room and from £2500 per person for single occupancy of a king ensuite room.
what you'll get
- Twice daily fitness class, tailored to menopausal and individual needs;
- Pre-exercise consultation; postural, core and pelvic floor analysis and personal training session per guest;
- Focus on form, strength and stretching through appropriate-impact cardio-based workouts and pilates and core work;
- One to one time with your hosts and trainers for personal advice;
- One super relaxing massage (more available);
- Stylish and comfortable accommodation in the luxury Manoir;
- Full board (three delicious meals and a snack per day) including drinks and table wine;
- Use of the estate facilities including heated pool, ping pong, bikes, billiard room and more;
- Free time to enjoy the surrounding area, explore the estate or relax and read a book with no demands on your time;
- &Breathe resources and goodies;
- Transfers to the Manoir can be organised for you (supplement) or you can hire a car to make the most of your time in the area;
- Travel to France is not included, please do not book travel until your place on the retreat is confirmed.
Pausing to nourish
You'll enjoy delicious homecooked food with a healthy vibe using fresh local ingredients from the region which is known for its rich, rustic and hearty cuisine. As with all good balanced diets, we'll pay special attention to replenishing your body with nutritionally balanced meals after your fitness sessions, so that you can make the most of this very special retreat. We use local ingredients and produce where possible, as well as enjoying some special local treats.
7-13th September 2019
The schedule will vary from day to day, but an example day might look like this:
- 8am breakfast
- 9.30am mindfulness
- 10-12 fitness classes x 2
- 12.30pm lunch
- afternoon: massages scheduled
- afternoon: free time / cooking demonstration / hike / expert Q&A
- 4pm snack
- 4.30-6pm fitness class
- 7pm dinner & drinks
We have plenty of recommendations for those who wish to explore the surrounding areas. Extra treatments can be arranged through the week.
- Shared twin or king room with ensuite bathroom - £1500 per person
- Single occupancy king room with ensuite bathroom - £2500 per person
- Shared triple room with private bathroom - £1000 per person
Everything on-site is included, but you may wish to allow extra cash for extra massages, trips to local towns and local taxis.